Never. Lose. Hope

Never. Lose. Hope
'nuff said

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am a Lion

I will not be an old lady lying on my death bed saying that I wish I had a full back tattoo of rainbows and peacocks dancing under the moon. I will not be that lady saying I wish I colored my hair a million colors of crazy reds and golds and blues that drew the attention of every eye in the room because I was crazy enough to bend the social norm. I will not be wishing I had traveled the world; to the rolling hills of Ireland or the jungles of Africa. And I will definitely not be lying at deaths door regretting that I didn't marry the girl I loved because the world told me I couldn't. I will be that old lady happy with the good and the bad, the love and the losses, the experiences and the feeling that I was lucky enough to be a part of it. I do not care for what society thinks, I have lived once and I do not care. I will have my bad days and my good days because after all I am human and of this life I cannot fathom what we are here for. For the better and the worse I will experience it all. I am the power and the one to be in charge of me. And as in the words of Counting Crows: I am a child of fire, I a am a lion, I have desires and I was born inside the sun this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment