Never. Lose. Hope

Never. Lose. Hope
'nuff said

Monday, August 19, 2013

How Do You Show Your Pain?

Some show their pain with a swipe at the wrist,
While others prefer a throw of the fist.
Some show their pain with an empty bottle,
While others prefer to hit the road full throttle.
Some show their pain with a puff and a drag,
While others prefer to bitch and nag.
Some show their pain with fun from a whore,
While others prefer to eat more and more.

But others? Others like me?
I prefer the company of an old oak tree
Under which I write words and melody
That make me feel unburdened and free.
That is how i show my pain,
By writing it out again and again.
Some find writing to be mundane,
For me its shows my hurt, but more humane.

And you? I only have one simple favor to ask,
Don't show your pain with a silent fast;
Don't show it with a tilted flask;
But please don't hide your pain behind a mask.

Show the world and teach it too,
To control the pain that burdens you.
Become someone completely new
Who has something to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment